Thursday, July 12, 2012

Egg Flour Soup

Oh gosh!! Here we go..MY ABSOLUTE ALL TIME FAVORITE SOUP...ever since I was little!! It's so freaking good! ok a little history .. So when I was growing up in Spokane there was this chinese restaurant CHINA DRAGON... to this day best Chinese American food EVER... I would beg my mom to take me there for this soup! Its super easy.. super quick and low calorie!! NOM NOM NOM!! Granted, I doubt this is the conventional recipe but it's MY recipe so F OFF! hehe ;D and now Lukass says it is his favorite soup that I've made! Ow OWW!! ok here we go..


8-10 cups of water
3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 chicken bullion cubes
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 onion sliced
1 T chopped garlic (like 3 cloves)
5 Napa cabbage leaves chopped up 
mixed veggies (optional) greenbeans, corn, carrots, peas
2 T cornstarch mixed with a little warm water to dissolve
salt/pepper
soy sauce
Bring water to a boil and add bullion cubes and chicken. Now add the corn starch to thicken. Add onion, garlic, cabbage and veggies. Remove chicken when cooked ( you don't want it to over cook) Now SLOWLY pour the beaten egg into the boiling water and watch the flowers appear like magic! give it a nice little stir. Now take the chicken breast and rip into little pieces and add back to the soup. Season to your liking... 

I like to add a little soy sauce to my bowl after serving... give it a nice little flavor. And if you like spice..add some SARACHAAAAAAAAA!! 



1 comment:

  1. haha, you know by adding soy sauce and sriracha. you just turned it into hot and sour soup.

    ReplyDelete