Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Bacon Mac and Cheese

So I love love LOVE fake cheese sauce (like nacho cheese). One day I was bored and tried making my own. I kind of already knew that basic concept of making a sauce. You know butter, flour milk etc etc. So I figured HEY lets just add some cheese instead. I had this cheese sauce and nothing to pair it with. I decided to throw together some mac cheese.

Bacon Mac and Cheese

1/4 cup gruyere grated
1/4 cup parmersan grated
1/2 cup cheddar grated
1/2 cup milk
2 teaspoons butter
1 box macaroni
8 slices bacon cooked and cut into pieces
1/4 cup italian bread crumbs

preheat oven to 350 degrees

Cheese sauce:
Melt the butter in a pan and add flour. Mix until thick and slowly add milk while stirring constantly. once a sauce has formed slowly start adding cheese. It's very important that you are constantly stirring or else the sauce gets clumpy. ICK


Boil macaroni until cooked strain and mix with cheese sauce and bacon.
Transfer to a casserole dish and top with bread crumbs.
bake for about 20 minutes

SUPER EASY RIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment